BVNW Loses To BVSW At Away Game

The boys’ varsity football team lost to BVSW 28-35 Friday, October 5 at an away game.

The game began at 7:00 p.m. with the score 0-0. With 5:55 left in the first quarter, BVSW scored a touchdown making the score 0-7. With 1:30 left in the first quarter, BVNW scored a touchdown tying the game 7-7. At the end of the first quarter, the score remained tied 7-7.

With 2:49 remaining in the second quarter, BVNW scored a touchdown making the score 14-7. With 1:06 seconds remaining, BVSW scored a touchdown making the score 14-14. With only 24 seconds remaining, BVNW scored a touchdown making the score 21-14. At the end of the second quarter, the score remained 21-14.

During halftime, BVSW’s marching band performed their show “Structure of Design”.

The third quarter began with a slow start. With 4:21 left, BVSW scored a touchdown tying the score 21-21. The score remained 21-21 at the end of the third quarter.

With 11:55 remaining in the fourth quarter, BVNW took the lead by scoring a touchdown and made the score 28-21. With 10:09 left, BVSW made a touchdown and tied the score 21-21. With only 32 seconds left, BVSW made a sudden touchdown making the final score BVNW 28 and BVSW 35.

BVNW’s Offensive Line Coach, Tenny Dewey said the varsity football team had witnessed BVSW playing prior to the game. He said the team knew BVSW fought hard on defense and had a very unique offense.

“We certainly don’t like the final outcome,” Dewy said. “We had a lot of respect of BVSW coming into the game. We saw them physically pounding people on film and doing things they did to us. We had a pretty good idea that we needed to score some points to win. We got four touchdowns, but tonight that wasn’t enough.”

Dewey said that the first part of the season is over and that district play would begin, which will determine which teams go on to the playoffs.

“We’ll get a chance to play deep into November, which makes these next few weeks very important,” Dewey said. “It’ll be a bitter feeling tonight, but tomorrow we’ll come to work knowing there’s a chance for us to make state playoffs. To do that, we need to start focusing, have a great week of practice and get these next few games.”

BVNW’s Defensive Tackle, senior, Brian Ramsey said the team could have played a lot better. According to Ramsey, the team will need to get back to basics and will need a full week of practices before the next game.