• Chapters
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
Dapper Doughnuts is located at 1811 Village W Pky, O-123 Kansas City, Kan. 66111.

Maddie Beischel

Maddie Beischel

Review: The Dapper Doughnut

Serving various types of doughnuts as well as doughnut milkshakes and coffee, The Dapper Donut is an up-and coming-doughnut shop in the Legends Outlets Kansas City. Staff writer Maddie Oliver rates the food out of five stars.

October 4, 2018

1811 Village W Pky, O-123 Kansas City, Kan. 66111

The Dapper Doughnut has a national reputation for being an aesthetically pleasing doughnut shop, so when one opened up in the Legends’ downtown, it was a necessity to give it a try.

Walking in, the shop greeted me with its white brick walls and yellow stripes. The walls opposite from those are a bright sky blue color and the menu is on a matte black chalkboard.

The interior looks like something you could pin on Pinterest. It completely stands out from your traditional doughnut shop.

It’s not your regular doughnut shop where you can choose one or two donuts to have. Customers can choose between six,12, 24, or 48 donuts to have from flavors such as “S’mores” to “Blueberry Lemon.” The price ranges from $5 for six doughnuts to $28 for 48 doughnuts.The doughnuts are around the size of your palm, so six of the small doughnuts would equal around two average sized doughnuts. The doughnuts are also made fresh, so there aren’t trays full of the donuts to look at and pick. Along with doughnuts, the shop offers milkshakes and coffee. The owner confirmed that even though they don’t offer vegetarian or vegan options, they’re working on a gluten-free flavor.

“Cinnamon Sugar”: 5/5 stars

The Dapper Doughnut established its KC location in 2015.

Maddie Beischel

Maddie Beischel

If you love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, this is your doughnut. This doughnut is simply amazing. It’s a basic cake donut with no frosting on it, but covered in cinnamon and touches of sugar on top. It’s crunchy, but also very fluffy. When tasting it, you could feel and savor the individual pieces of cinnamon. This doughnut is completely different in comparison to the basic glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut.

“Turtle”: 4/5 stars

Dapper Doughnut's website classifies its doughnuts as

Dapper Doughnut's website classifies its doughnuts as "cake style."

Maddie Beischel

Maddie Beischel

This doughnut isn’t as good as the Cinnamon Sugar doughnut reviewed above because it isn’t as flavorful. This doughnut had no frosting and is covered in chocolate syrup, caramel and pecans. There’s a crunch due to the pecans. However, I couldn’t taste the chocolate syrup because of the overwhelming taste of the caramel.

“Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake”: 4/5 stars

"Turtle" and “Cinnamon Sugar” are doughnuts offered at Dapper Doughnuts, as well as the “Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake."

Maddie Beischel

Maddie Beischel

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake is served in a cute plastic cup, with a thick straw and a doughnut on top for an extra touch. The milkshake itself is creamy, crunchy and sweet. This would be the perfect refreshing drink for a hot summer afternoon.  The milkshake has an interesting texture, almost like they crumbled peanuts in it. The milkshake’s texture sets itself apart from most milkshakes due to its unique texture and flavor.