Students review the iPhone 6s and the iOS 9 update

With Apple’s recent release of the iPhone 6s and the iOS 9 update, students shared their initial thoughts and opinions about them.

Nicky Lentsch

Sophomore Evy Khoury holds up her phone with the iOS 9 update.

Gabe Swartz, Staff Writer

The details of the iPhone 6s and the iOS 9 update were announced Sept. 9. We talked to four students who have the new phone or the new update to see what their thoughts are after having the new releases for a few weeks.

Parth Shah, junior: “[The iPhone 6s] looks really sleek, it looks really nice. I like iOS 9, I had an Android before, so it is a lot different, but I really like it so far. I just wanted to try something new. Android phones are great because they are more customizable, but people have always told me that iPhones are more reliable, so I wanted to try something new. I would say yes, you should [get the 6s] because it is a better update than the previous phones that I have had.”

Evy Khoury, sophomore: “I waited until I saw what [the new update] was like on my friends phone, and then I was like ‘ok, this is cool,’ so it was like a week after it came out but it was cool. I thought it was fine, I liked the iOS 8 update before, I guess it is just more updated. I like how they changed the fonts, and I like how it is when you double tap the home screen, how it changes the way you see all your apps that are open and how you delete them.”

Nicole Grindel, sophomore: “I got [the 6s] because I heard it was really good. I like having a bigger phone, and it was not the same price as the iPhone 6 plus. Everything was the same about the phone except you can do more things in the messaging app, but other than that I did not think it was any better. I did not like [the 6s] so I brought it back and got an iPhone 6 plus again. I would say if you are someone who does not like bigger phones, do not get the iPhone 6s. If you do not mind a big phone, and want to try something new than you should get it.”

Kylie Felix, senior: “It’s a lot more durable, it has a thicker screen than the 6 or the 5, and it is definitely bigger, it looks a lot sleeker than [previous versions]. The pictures are more clear, it still has the touch ID which is really nice that I don’t have to put my password in every time, and I think it looks really nice. It has a lot of cool features on it, so if you slide it to the left there are lunch places, coffee places, and gas-stations that are nearby. I don’t think there is too much difference [between iOS 8 and iOS 9]. I’m happy with [the iPhone 6s], it is a good phone.