Win streak hits 14, Huskies defeat Mill Valley, 88-41

The BVNW boys varsity basketball team blew out Mill Valley with scoring efforts lead by juniors Alston Mason and Ben Fritz who had a combined 32 points.

Emma Johnson, Managing Editor

As the end of the regular season approaches the Huskies proved their dominance once again, defeating the Jaguars by 47 points. The win has juniors Alston Mason and Ben Fritz both optimistic looking toward the end of the season, the team’s chances of winning the Eastern Kansas League and returning to the state championship.

I’m confident in my team, I feel like we can have a good run at state,” Mason said. “I think we need to be consistent, keep playing defense, keep bringing energy, and I think everything will fall in line then.”

RenderedContent 79D4A665 D7BF 4CF2 AB6B F039AF00BB08 1

null

Fritz added that he is looking forward to the postseason.

“I think we have a pretty good shot to win EKL and then go to state,” Fritz said. “We need to just keep playing as a team and having a lot of assists.”

Leading BVNW in scoring with 17 points, Mason said he was focused on staying aggressive and setting the pace for his team.

“[I] just bring a lot of energy and try to get the win as best as possible,” Mason said.

The Huskies are ranked No. 1 in the EKL and are the only undefeated team within the league. Looking ahead, the team has two more games left in the regular season versus Blue Valley High School on Feb. 21 and St. James Academy on. Feb. 28, and can secure the league title by defeating both teams.