Boys varsity baseball defeats BVW 8-3

The boys varsity baseball team defeated Blue Valley West Tuesday at the District Activity Complex, finishing the game with a score of 8-3.

Olivia Baird, Opinion Editor

The boys varsity baseball team led Blue Valley West for the duration of their game Tuesday, winning with a final score of 8-3. The team now has a record of four wins and one loss.

BVW began the first inning with one run, to which BVNW responded with three runs. At the bottom of the third inning, two runs were scored for BVNW, including a home run hit by junior Nathaniel Vossman.

“It felt good getting the first home run of my high school varsity career this year,” Vossman said.

The game continued with three more runs in the fifth inning by BVNW, and two scored by BVW in the sixth inning. The rest of the game went without any runs by either team.

Head coach Corby Lange said the team went into the game with enough determination to defeat BVW, and that he believes the team delivered.

“I was really proud of our guys,” Lange said. “I thought they gave a great effort, and they played their butts off. Everybody did a lot of good things to contribute to a great day.”

Vossman agreed, adding that he has high hopes for the rest of the season. Lange said the team has potential for success if the players continue with their hard work this season.

“We’ve got to keep working hard,” Lange said. “They’ve been a great practice team to this point, and we’ve got to stick to that. They’ve been a tight-knit group of kids that care about each other, and if you care about each other and you’re willing to work hard, then your possibilities are pretty high.”