Boys wrestling team wins Husky Invitational

The boys wrestling team took first at the Husky Invitational hosted at BVNW this weekend.

Olivia Baird, Writer

At the Husky Invitational on Saturday, the BVNW wrestling team proved their hard work is paying off by placing first in the meet with a 23.5 point lead.

Out of all of the wrestlers competing in the two-day event, 12 of BVNW’s athletes were finalists. Senior Samarth Thakur placed sixth; senior Sean Salerno, senior Charlie Nelson and junior Stratton Georgoulis placed fifth; sophopmore Max Tierney placed fourth; sophomore Jason Laramore, sophomore Blake Johnson, junior Foster Jacobs and senior Carter Tierney placed third; sophomore Sam Elliott and senior Ben Charpentier placed second and senior Jaquwan Stone placed first.

Among the finalists, Stone won the 145 lb. weight class with a 2 point lead at the conclusion of the match. Stone said he was pleased with how the meet went over all, but his sights are currently focused on the future.

“After this meet, I want to win EKL, win regionals, and after that eventually win state,” Stone said.

Head coach Tim Serbousek agreed with Stone and said in order to have success for the rest of the season, the team will need to continue to work hard.

“We’ve got a really solid team from top to bottom, so we don’t have a weak kid in any way,” Serbousek said. “They just need to continue to get better in their own way; individually they have to improve and the team will take care of itself.”