Boys soccer defeats Blue Valley Southwest

The boys varsity soccer team defeated Blue Valley Southwest tonight with a final score of 2-0.

Kathleen Lutz and Jackson Panegasser

Natasha Vyhovsky, Writer

The boys varsity soccer team won their game against Blue Valley Southwest (BVSW) with a final score of 2-0, bringing their overall record to 7-2-1.

Three minutes into the first half senior Ian Arch scored a goal for BVNW, leading the game with a score of 1-0. At halftime, the score remained the same, with BVNW ahead. Fourteen minutes into the second half, sophomore Brandon Stanczak scored another goal for BVNW. At the end of the game, BVNW claimed the victory with a final score of 2-0.

Stanczak said although the team played slowly in the beginning, they improved significantly after that.

“I thought we played pretty well, but in the beginning we started off a little slow. After that, we really got some nice combinations together and we ended up winning the game.”

In order to improve for the next game, Stanczak said the team needs to work on getting head-balls and having the team connect their passes better.

Coach Rick Pribyl said he was impressed with the team’s ability to bounce back over their recent loss against Shawnee Mission East.

“”I thought we stepped up to a challenge after losing the last game, and let [the opponent] know that [the team] could still come back and win.”