Live your bucket list

Kaitlyn Noon, Staff Writer

I imagine myself laying my eyes on the effortless blend of green, purple, pink and blue that stream across the sky, creating the most beautiful watercolor–the Aurora Borealis. I am the type of person that lives in the world of fantasy, pondering my future and imagining all the exciting experiences to come. Making a bucket list of these adventurous events is how I keep record of my curiosity. For example, gazing at the Aurora Borealis and standing under the famous, gorgeous Eiffel Tower are only two of the many magnificent sights I want to see during my time on Earth.

What I like most about bucket lists is that you never see the ordinary motions that people go through on the daily, or any material things that they feel like they “need.” I don’t know about you, but I never daydream about going home to read my textbook or about waking up the next day to start my regular day-to-day routine. I imagine myself in the future, taking risks and traveling the world with the people I love. I believe that everyone needs to break the boundaries of their comfort zone by awakening the thrill of adventure that stays dormant within them.

Purchasing new material items or just hearing about the world that is outside of the microscopic area you live is not what gets you there; branching out and traveling the world is an exceptional way to obtain ultimate happiness. When people navigate and explore the world, they are creating memories to treasure for the rest of their lives. When people spend their money on material items, they aren’t living their lives or creating memories; they are spending money on things that will not last and that will be abandoned in a short amount of time.

My family and I have been traveling since I was a child and it has always been a top priority for us to attempt new things together. For as long as I can remember, my family and I have traveled to Grand Cayman during spring break. The moments I cherish most about the beach are the ones where I am gazing at the calm, turquoise ocean and when I am around the natives, embracing their culture. Seeing and engaging in a whole new way of life, I expand my education in a diverse and tremendous way. In college, studying abroad is an option open to many people, but I know here at BVNW different classes and activities have offered ways for students to tour the world. For example, this year the French teacher, Madame Breanne Buchanan, is taking her French students in levels three and four abroad to Paris France. I love that BVNW makes this an option for some classes, although I wish the options were available more and for more classes.

I encourage people to travel the world because not only is it enjoyable and memorable, but it also educates people in a way that sitting in a classroom reading a textbook cannot. Everyone should challenge themselves to augment their imagination and search for unique ways to find everlasting contentment. I challenge you to make a bucket list that allows you to dream big and imagine all of the daring things you want to achieve in your lifetime.