Campus Officer Anthony Garcia joins BVNW staff

Current SRO officer Richard Spandle, who began his career at BVNW in August, will help train the new officer: Anthony Garcia.

Lauren Fischer, Features Editor

Campus officer Anthony Garcia began his career at BVNW on Dec. 12. Garcia has been a campus officer for nine years, and worked in three school districts prior to joining the BVNW staff.  

“In the beginning I’m going to shadow [SRO Richard Spandle] and what I’m really learning is more of the police side of things like reports, how do the video surveillance systems work, but when it comes to working with staff and students, I’ve already got that down,” Garcia said.  

Current SRO Spandle began his career at BVNW when the school year began, and will now help train Garcia.

“It will be interesting because I’m new as well and I depend on the staff and the students to orient me to this new place,” Spandle said. “I got a crash course from officer Thompson in about the first quarter when he was here so I made sure to learn everything I could.”

Blue Valley is the largest school district Garcia has worked in, and he said Blue Valley will bring new opportunities to help advance his career.

“I’m looking forward to building new relationships and I’m also looking forward to working in such a large school district,” Garcia said. “I’m excited about working in a larger district with more administration, more officers and more students.”