Café Muse draws a crowd

Café Muse, an event showcasing hidden talents of students at BVNW, recently brought teens together in the Little Theater.

Maddison Barley

Senior Nikki Andrade and junior Carli Plymale perform an original song at Cafe Muse.

Greyson Woerpel, Writer

Name any talent, and it could be found at BVNW’s Café Muse. Singing, dancing, poetry and impressions claimed the show at BVNW’s Little Theater on Monday, Oct. 28. Café Muse is a way for Muse to promote their literary arts magazine twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring before the release.

The people behind the curtain are the editors of Muse: seniors Nikki Andrade, Wyleigh Greer and Paige Kenney. The three editors organized the event entirely.

“[Setting up Café Muse] is so worth it,” Andrade said. “Seeing the performer smile as the audience cheers them on is the most rewarding part.”

Senior Kala Brundige covered Imagine Dragons’s song “Radioactive” with her friend Delaney LaFon. Like many of the other acts, Brundige said she and LaFon praticed the song only five minutes before actually performing in front of the large crowd.

“The whole event was very comfortable,” Brundige said. “It was a very open environment where I felt very respected. I would definitely do it again.”

Senior Sarah Ingham said that she thought that it was a very interesting way to see all the sides of the people at our school.

“Everyone was excited for everyone else’s performances,” Ingham said.

The event held a costume contest judged by the audience during intermisson, which also presented many treats for the audience to snack on while they enjoyed the show. The next show will be in the spring.