TV Day brings character to Spirit Week

A look at the Tuesday of Spirit Week, TV Day.

Nicole Tenold

Junior Khari Banks performs in the TV show themed spirit day performance Tuesday morning.

Brooklynn Langham, Writer

As Homecoming Week rolled into its second day of spirit themes, students dressed up as doctors (Grey’s Anatomy), 90’s teenagers (Full House), Spongebob and Duck Hunters (Duck Dynasty) for TV Day. Each grade had dances this morning that gained the attention of the entire student body, but the senior class stays ahead with spirit points.

For some freshmen, Spirit Week at Northwest comes as a bit of a shock compared to things they’ve seen and heard from other schools.

“It’s great because everyone gets involved,” freshman Parth Shah said.

Shah said that he thinks the seniors have the most spirit, as of right now.

“It’s incredible, I just love that there is so much tradition involved and we all get spirited and that keeps the tradition going,” senior Vivek Panchananam said.

Panchananam said Spirit Week at Northwest is unlike any other, and students from each grade all come together to get spirited. This year, he said students complained a lot about the spirit day themes, that in the end everything worked out, and there was a great amount of students that dressed up.

“In the end, people liked it,” Panchananam said. “They allow for a lot of opportunity for students to dress up…and there was a lot of participation today.”

Senior Calen Lawrence and Panchananam said that they think the juniors and seniors are tied for the best dances right now.

“I love Spirit Week, I love all the pep and it brings the entire school together,” Lawrence said.