2018 graduate Camille Sturdivant files lawsuit against Blue Valley, Amy Pressly, Carley Fine and Katie Porter

2018 graduate and former Dazzler Camille Sturdivant filed a civil lawsuit against Blue Valley Unified School District, BVNW principal Amy Pressly, former Dazzler coach Carley Fine and Cottonwood Point teacher and Dazzler mother Katie Porter, citing her civil rights were violated.

2018 graduate and former Dazzler Camille Sturdivant alleges her civil rights were violated in a lawsuit filed by her against Blue Valley Unified School District, BVNW principal Amy Pressly, former Dazzler coach Carley Fine and Cottonwood Point teacher and Dazzler mother Katie Porter.

As we continue to confirm information, it will be added here.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “2018 graduate Camille Sturdivant files lawsuit against Blue Valley, Amy Pressly, Carley Fine and Katie Porter”

1. Victoria Gibson on January 19th, 2019 8:51 am

As a parent with several kids currently at BVNW but also as a lifelong resident of Kansas, I stand against this awful treatment given to Ms. Sturdivant. I am sickened that she had to endure this discrimination. I can only hope that the family and Ms. Sturdivant can get some peace and Ms. Sturdivant will continue to pursue her dreams, as she is quite talented.

2. james on January 19th, 2019 12:11 pm

I live in Connecticut, and it’s all over the news.

This is a disgrace.

3. John Solder on January 20th, 2019 1:17 pm

http://www.435mag.com/January-2019/Choreographed-Racism/

Here’s a much more detailed account of what happened.

4. Tonya on January 20th, 2019 5:50 pm

Happy New Year😊Same ole rhetoric 😞Among many other things, I find it deplorable we as a nation in now 2019 are still dealing with race/skin color. For an instructor to tell a child, “They are too dark”…..Are you serious? No instructor you are too dark! And you should be terminated. It is instructors like you who continue to mold racism in our young people. Some can overcome it. Some cannot and do not.

What a pity. There are clearly some ignorant individuals in the world who insist upon believing the dark color of someones skin, SKIN, makes them inferior to other individuals with lighter skin. Of course it’s much deeper then that but for the purpose of my comments I will keep it short and clear.

Ms. Camille Sturdivant: You are beautiful, smart & talented. Keep on pressing on regardless of any obstacles or distractions that will come into your life. Ignorant people will always attempt to demean and ridicule you and many other people of color because it makes them feel good to attempt to make others feel bad. Do not give them that power. They’re
    feeble-minded individuals who do not deserve it.

Have a great week😊

5. Mary Parham on January 21st, 2019 3:17 pm

Am a Senior, and am the same color as what you are. Always keep you mind focus on the positive, if you let negativity enter you system it will weaken the positive self of you. Negativity is like letting in a disease that yet has no cure for. Maybe one day Miss Sturdivant you will find a cure for this disease called racism . Not all White people have a mind set of racism, Sturdivant. You are the 3 B’s. Bright! Black! and Beautiful.

• 2018 graduate Camille Sturdivant files lawsuit against Blue Valley, Amy Pressly, Carley Fine and Katie Porter

NEWS

Students and staff face concern with the Wi-Fi

NEWS

Blue Valley says action taken with the firing of Fine in answer to lawsuit

NEWS

2018 graduate Camille Sturdivant files civil lawsuit against district, others

NEWS

Former student John Albers’ family settles wrongful death lawsuit against City of Overland Park and former police officer Clayton Jenison

NEWS

ELA 12 shifted to research-based curriculum for first semester

NEWS

Students react to the midterm elections

NEWS

Monica Symes awarded Kansas School Psychologist of the Year

NEWS

BVNW gets new Student Resource Officer

NEWS

BREAKING: BVNW senior guard Christian Braun commits to the University of Kansas

NEWS

Mental Health Board to hold Husky Festival