Husky Day tops off Spirit Week

A look at the last day of Spirit Week, Husky Day.

Lindsay Haight

Sophomore Cooper Trusdale performs in the Husky Day themed spirit week dance Thursday morning.

Madeline Maloney, Copy Editor

Husky Day has always been the final day of the spirit week tradition at BVNW. Huskies were clothed in purple hues and the occasional “Go ‘Skies!” was heard through the hallways.  Each grade performed a spirit dance this morning, and the juniors and seniors came together for their skit to display their Husky spirit.

“I definitely thought the junior and senior dance was the best, especially because I know the administration likes it when we show class unity,” senior Lexi Wood said. “Being able to collaborate with the juniors definitely shows that. Even though we have rivalry, at the end of the day we are still a Husky family.”

Freshman Payton Deutscher participated in Husky Day for her first time. According to Deutscher, Husky Day was her favorite day this spirit week because everyone was very into it.

“I didn’t realize how much school spirit this school had until I walked into school this morning and saw everyone dressed up in Husky gear,” Deutscher said.

While Husky Day was very impactful for freshmen experiencing it for the first time, it has not lost its magic for students that have been here for four years. For Wood, this spirit week has been her most memorable because the whole school came together. Wood said Husky Day is a way for BVNW to celebrate how unique it is from other schools.

“During the assembly, especially during the cheerleaders performance, I got really sentimental and it doesn’t really hit until it is happening,” Wood said. “I never really thought I was the type of person that would miss high school, but Husky Day makes me realize how lucky I am to go here.”